Henri Cartier Bresson

PHOTOGRAPHER #34.

Website: http://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP3=CMS3&VF=MAGO31_10_VForm&ERID=24KL53ZMYN
Contact: No contact. Artist deceased (1908-2004)

Henri Cartier Bresson has had such an influence over me as a photographer. He was the first photographer I studied in school (honestly, then I was much more focused on contemporary photography and had no time for the masters) - These days I appreciate the pureness and tradition of his works. Bresson was primarily passionate about capturing little moments to vast and great movements for humanity with very little work done in a studio or with staged sets. This was perhaps a comment that an event such as lovers kissing in public to mass scale revolutions, these are the moments that change lives and therefore the world (something similar to the butterfly effect) - each moment just as important as the next.

This is such a positive notion and something that drives me to find the beauty in everything around me as an artist.













0 comments:

Post a Comment