Benjamin Alexander Huseby

PHOTOGRAPHER #73. 

Website: http://benjaminhuseby.com/
Contact: http://benjaminhuseby.com/index.php?site=contact 

Benjamin Alexander Huseby is widely recognised as being an artist creating a bridge between fashion photography and modern art. Husebey often plays with themes of androgyny in his works which I find to be his most interesting pieces. Husebey explained this in an interview stating "Some of my best friends are trannies and drag queens and I photograph them a lot but with more of a sort of documentary approach. For me, fashion images are interesting when there is a play on gender in it".

I love Tilda Swinton - she has to be one of my top 10 actresses and the way Huseby has portrayed her is amazing. I think androgynous elements in your model usually represents something very different to typical (and especially stereotypical) male or female representation. It moves you to consider the costume as both famine and masculine. Swinton has a very angelic face yet almost looks other worldly - representing her in an gender ambiguous light is always interesting. 













0 comments:

Post a Comment