Tim Walker

PHOTOGRAPHER #6. 



Website: http://timwalkerphotography.com



Art & Commerce
531 West 25th Street, 4th Floor
NEW YORK, NY 10001
tel +1 212 206 0737 
fax +1 212 463 7267

Tim is represented by the Michael Hoppen Gallery


Tim Walker- talk about pretty! Pastel colours, china doll models, pretty gowns, feathers, white fur, pale soft skin. Walker is the macaroon of photography. I can’t help but crave sugar and dream of lavish high teas every time I view a classic Walker piece.

If I could live in any photographer’s vision it would have to be WalkerWorld. Appealing to my childhood fantasies and adult obsessions, I really couldn’t think of much unpleasantness coming my way if I was a character from his stories.

Karen Elson - the model who played the doll in Walkers 2008 photo shoot for Vogue UK magazine (see Image 2 below) explained what she loves about modelling for Walker in the statement "if i believe in the story, it makes me feel free". I can completely empathise with this statement simply as a viewer. I feel so engaged with Tim Walkers characters and engrossed in his sets that I feel free of my own reality, embracing a weird new state of mind and energy. 















0 comments:

Post a Comment