Patrick Demarchelier

PHOTOGRAPHER #1.

Website: http://www.demarchelier.net 
Email contact for assistant work: assist@demarchelier.com 

Patrick Demarchelier's Vanity Fair cover shoot, June Issue, 2008 had one of the most drastic impact's on my life of any other photograph to date. Demarchelier understands beauty and people like no other photographer that I have come across. In each of Demarchelier's work a new sexual identity is born - often in an unexpected model. In the example of Jolie, as an actress I felt Jolie always chose character roles that were women taking on typically male endevours, however while simultainously oozing feminine passion. The Vanity Fair shoot was nothing that I had ever expected from Jolie, I felt like the picture defined womanhood at it's most pure form for me and what it meant to be feminine. Being pregnant at the time Jolie was depicted as sexy, fierce, gentle, passionate, radiant, strong, beautiful. Any compliment that you could possibly give to another person, I felt like it described Jolie in this portrait. In late 2008 I started to curl my hair every day with Demarchelier's portrait in mind.